Training Placement and Career Development Centre
The college has established a Trainings-cum-Placement and Career Development Centre headed by Associate Professor as officer in-charge. The activities of the centre include counseling, and coaching, organizing trainings, guiding in career development and placement of college students. The cell invites professional experts, consultants and corporate professionals to coach, guide and counsel the students and encourage their personality development. In addition to external experts, the college faculty also organizes regular coaching lectures to help students in preparation of competitive examinations.
- Total No. of Passed out students : 149
- Joined as Scientists (ARS) : 05
- Joined as Teacher in Colleges/Universities : 03
- Joined Banking Services : 16
- Joined Private Sector : 03
- Joined in Govt. Services : 05
- Higher education : 68
- Preparing for competitive Examinations : 25
- Joined Other Services : 03
Details of Students perusing Higher Studies
- Ph.D. & M.Tech. Abroad : 2+1=3
- Ph.D. in India : 14
- M.Tech. : 41 (AE) + 13(FT) = 54
Organizations invited for campus interview
- Jain Irrigation System Ltd., Jalgaon
- Mahindra & Mahindra, Guwahati
- Zydus Ltd., Rangpo, Sikkim
PERSONALITY AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES
- Coaching for Competitive Examination (JRF/ GATE)
- Counseling for Higher studies abroad
- Representative from United States India Educational Foundation (USEIF) visited college on 30.09.2015 for interaction between students for scope in higher studies in US Universities
- Representative from United States India Educational Foundation (USEIF) have a proposed visit on 18th March, 2016 in the college for interaction with students for scope in higher studies in US Universities
- Organization of Personality Development program by Ms Radha from SMART Series, Bangalore on 4-5th September, 2015 for the students of 3 and 4th
- Interaction of students on issue regarding the career opportunities and enriching the Agricultural Engineering as a profession with Dr R K Dutta, Retired Professor, Dept. of Agricultural & Food Engg., IIT Kharagpur on 4th November, 2015.
- Organization of Entrepreneurship Development Program for the students of 4th B Tech, Agricultural Engineering during 25-26th January, 2016. The program was organized by Ms Radha from SMART Series, Bangalore.
- Visit of representatives from Development Institute of Micro Small Medium Enterprise (MSME), Government of India on 15.02.2016 to to promote emerging technological and knowledge based innovative ventures that seek the nurturing of ideas from beyond the traditional activities of Micro, Small and Medium enterprise.
- An interaction session was organized with representative of Ms SkyMap global, Kolkata on recent satellite technologies and its application in Agricultural Engineering. The session was addressed by Mr. Sandeep Banarjee from SkyMap Global on 22nd February, 2016.
- A one day program on Developing Motivational Program was organized by Dr P K Chhonkar, Retired faculty and Head, IARI; Emiretus professor IARI and Adjunct faculty College of Post Graduate Studies, CAU, Barapani, Shillong. The program was organized on 25.02.2016
- Special coaching on Computer Aided Design is proposed on 7-12th March, 2016. The program is to be organized by Sri B K Garg, Retired Principal Scientist, CIAE-ICAR; Bhopal.
In-charge Training and Placement Officer:
Dr. G. T. Patle,
College of Agricultural Engineering and Post Harvest Technology (CAU), Ranipool, Gangtok, Sikkim
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: +91 8759159588